New Year, New Goals

By Korrien Hopkins

It’s a New Year and, like many other women, I have goals I’m looking forward to accomplishing in 2017. I have made New Year’s resolutions many years in the past, many that I forgot quickly in the weeks following January first. I know for a fact setting realistic goals and taking it day-by-day will lead to great success in the New Year. Often we make these resolutions, but we don’t make plans. light-person-woman-fireA goal with a plan is merely a thought. Most of the time we act as if we need to make these drastic changes to our lives, but in reality we just need to make improvements that come with time and growth. As women, we are always told by society that we must act and look a certain way. Pressure is already put on us by society, so why put more on ourselves? I think the only thing women should change this year are the things we care about. As women, we are told to care for and about everything. This year, I challenge women everywhere to put their mental health first and care a little less about everything else and more about themselves.

Here are a few of my favorite quotes for women to take into the New Year:

“Ditch the resolutions.

To resolve means to find a solution to a problem.

You are not a problem

The way you showed up for your life the past year was necessary for your growth.

Now is a time to reflect. To learn.

To create an intention, a positive call to shift,

A spark of magic + manifestation

Rooted in self-love

and backed with action.” – Unknown

“You must do the things you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt

“A New Year is the beginning of anything you want.

Let the past be over and get ready

for a new adventure.” – Unknown

“Life is sweeter if you make yourself do uncomfortable things.” – Helen Gurley Brown

Click here for more inspiring quotes from projecteve.com.

Also take a look at these awesome articles:

7 Women Share The Best New Year’s Resolutions They Ever Stuck With

31 New & Improved 2017 New Year’s Resolutions From Female Celebs Who Know What’s Up