Welcome back, Thea!

14523104_10154495293124259_3706471947674923486_n

Hi, I’m Thea Voutiritsas. I’m a senior here at UMKC, majoring in English Language and Rhetoric, with a minor in Manuscript, Print Culture, and Editing. This is my final semester here at UMKC, and I’m looking forward to sharing it with the Women’s Center staff.

This will be my second semester working with the Women’s Center, and I’m happy to be back. Working in an environment that celebrates and promotes the multicultural realities of women’s lives has helped me become an agent in my own life. Not only do I want to participate in a discourse for women going through various hardships, but also offer resources to women of all ages, races and identities.

My goal in the Women’s Center this semester is to promote constructive feminist activism in the workplace and in daily life. By focusing on equality and opportunity in all settings, I hope to set an example of how feminism can be freeing for everyone. My main avenues for distributing fresh feminist content will be through our blog here, and through social media. Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to stay updated!