Feminism doesn’t ruin lives!

by Torshawna Griffin

Recently, I read an article that was titled “Blame Women’s unhappiness on feminism? Sure, say conservative gals”. Before I opened the article, I thought that it was just another man writing about how feminism is wrong and unnecessary. However, I discovered that the writer was a woman writing about what three educated women said regarding the feminist movement.

First, I was outraged at what I saw because they talked as if being a feminist was a bad thing. Like, men had programmed them to make these remarks. “We’re telling women they should delay marriage, ‘lean in’ on career, focus on themselves,” Hemingway said. “And we know these things don’t lead to female happiness.” I thought that the whole point of feminism was to let each woman decide what was best for her, so why are these women saying these things? Feminism is supposed to show women that the lioness is just as strong as the lion and in the words of Katy Perry, “Hear us Roar”. Read the article and then comment on our facebook page to tell us what you think about it.

http://www.latimes.com/local/abcarian/la-me-ra-feminism-women-conservatives-20140403,0,5693630.story#ixzz2xvubtE1z