Attention UMKC students! The Women’s Center has 5 work-study positions open this fall. If you have a passion for women’s advocacy and want to work with an awesome staff, please consider applying for these positions. We need your energy and enthusiasm to assist with events, public relations, violence prevention, and social networking. You MUST have a work-study award from Financial Aid to qualify. Click here to download an application. Contact Arzie Umali at 816-235-5577 or email@example.com with questions or for more information.
Office/Events Student Assistant (Work Study)
- Assist with the development, coordination and execution of Women’s Center events;
- Assist with office duties (answering the phone, greeting visitors, etc.).
Public Relations Student Assistant (Work Study)
- Assist with coordinating the distribution of fliers, posters, postcards, brochures, events calendar, and other advertising/marketing material on campus and in the surrounding area.
- Assist with online publicity, including, but not limited to, website editing, listing Women’s Center events on community calendars, and updating the Women’s Center events calendar
Violence Prevention and Response Student Assistant (Work Study)
- Work with the Violence Prevention Coordinator to assist with the development, coordination and execution of all violence prevention programming.
- Assist with publicity and marketing for above programs.
- Assist Victim Services Adjudication Advisor with training and violence prevention education.
All Student Assistants are also responsible for:
- Answering phones, directing calls, and taking messages. Record every incoming call onto the telephone and referral log located next to the phones.
- Answering requests for information about the Center and our services, including referring victims/survivors of sexual assault, domestic/relationship violence, and/or stalking.
- Assisting visitors with our library, including checking out and in books/videos.
- Posting Women’s Center flyers.
- Running business errands around campus.
- Typing correspondence, labels, and forms on the computer.
- Assist in keeping the Women’s Center in an orderly fashion. This includes, but is not limited to, organizing brochures, dusting, and general cleaning.
- Attending ALL staff meetings.
- Attending Women’s Center programs as needed/available.
- Other tasks as assigned.