This past week was a rather busy one for us in the Women’s Center, so we didn’t get around to posting. Below are links to articles we’ve been reading.
- http://www.salon.com/mwt/feature/2008/10/30/nightly_newswomen/ (great piece by Rebecca Traister @ Salon on how the campaign has changed the face of news)
- http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2008/oct/24/women-sarahpalin (fascinating article on why there hasn’t been a bigger backlash to the sexism directed at Sarah Palin)
- http://www.feministing.com/archives/011872.html (on the misdiagnosis of women’s heart problems as stress)
- http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/30/us/30insure.html (on the higher price women pay for health insurance).
- http://womenandhollywood.blogspot.com/2008/10/roseanne-20-years-later.html (Well, I say fun, but it is nonetheless depressing to think that Silverstein is correct to say that Roseanne’s weight would likely mean her show wouldn’t be aired today).