- UMKC Catalog – What it is and is not; how you can help (Michael Strait)
- Web2.umkc.edu Update (Andy Goodenow)
- Promotion opportunities on the Web site (John Verssue)
- News and Announcements
- Web Resources and Tools (Vishal Kurup, Alia)
- Questions, Comments, Suggestions?
- When a Web site references the UMKC Catalog, it is best to use http://www.umkc.edu/catalog so that students can choose which year of the catalog they need to view.
- After April 1, when the UMKC Catalog updates take place, check your links to the catalog to ensure they are correct.
- If you have Web files on the Web2 server, be sure to archive your files, transfer them to the new servers, and then delete the files from Web2. Keep in mind that sites moved to the new servers should comply with the Web Policy Requirements. If you need assistance, please email the UMKC Webmaster account and your request will be routed to the appropriate office.
UMKC Catalog – Michael Strait gave us info about UMKC Catalog; what it is and is not, and how to link to it.
Web2 server update – Andy Goodenow gave us an update on the current amount of folders on the old server. He reminded us of the June 30 shutdown.
Promotional Opportunities on the UMKC Web site – John Verssue highlighted the various ways to promote your events via the UMKC Web site.
- Marketing Tiles (by UComm) – These are the tiles at the bottom of the homepage and under the navigation of the audience pages. See section 1.4 for the UMKC Marketing Tiles Content Requirements.
- News and Announcements (by PR) – These are showcased on the homepage and must reflect work that aligns with UMKC’s Mission and should be geared toward an external audience. Use the News and Announcements Submit Story ideas feature.
- UMKC Calendar (by Info Access) – Some dates are placed on the UMKC homepage. Use the Calendar Submit an event submit feature to add your events to the calendar, you may also contact Vishal Kurup about setting up your unit-specific calendar.
- Upcoming Events on the umkc.edu homepage (pulled from the UMKC Calendar).
- Life at UMKC page – Check out http://www.umkc.edu/life. This is a promotional page
- UMKC flickr account. Please feel free to upload your own photos and download others from the account.
- UMKC’s official YouTube account is also on this page, as well as other social networking tools. umkc.edu is ranked 70/400 .edu accounts on YouTube. Versus having your own channel, it would benefit your unit to join the official channel as we have several followers. If you have videos on another channel, send the source files to Vishal to add to the official account.