As the web development community grows here on UMKC’s campus, we thought a good way to interact, collaborate, inspire, and entertain would be to meetup in a front-end “playground” (A.K.A. Sandbox). We would like to introduce you to CodePen.
Two features that are really handy that we will definitely be taking advantage of as a group:
- Forks– forking allows you to take someone else’s pen and start modifying it without messing up their own work. This is great for collaborative projects and innovation
We’d love to see your first pen after you sign in to CodePen. Please share your first by leaving a comment on this page.
January 5, 2011
Administrative Center, Plaza Room
- Recap of last meeting
- Announcements – Open to the group
- Sharepoint project management site for WLG – Alia Herrman
- Redirects off www.umkc.edu – Alia Herrman
- New websites launched – Alia Herrman
- Updated header file – Alia Herrman
- PHP server – Vishal Kurup
- Library Mobile Site updates – Barbetta Croft
- WordPress updates – Vishal Kurup
- Bulletin board
- Individual installations
- Process for posting video to media servers – Vishal Kurup
- Presentation – CSS3 – Vishal Kurup
- Resources/Cool tools
- Questions, Comments, Suggestions?
- If you have a suggestion for a redirect for www.umkc.edu, please email the webmaster.
- Please update any links on your site that point to the SCE, Med, and Admissions sites, as they have been updated.
- If you have manually coded the header and footer into your website, please update it with the new version.
- If you want to place a video on the media server, please submit a video request form, and also send your video file through the digital dropbox.