The UMKC Violence Prevention and Response Manager is available to provide trainings for faculty, staff, students and departments on issues related to sexual assault, relationship violence and/or stalking. The basic training lasts approximately one hour and includes:
- Definitions of sexual assault, domestic/relationship violence and stalking;
- Responding appropriately to reports of relationship violence, stalking and/or sexual assault;
- Information on UMKC policies and procedures; and
- Resources for victims/survivors.
Departments or offices can request an additional half-hour of each of the following:
- Red flags and dynamics of domestic/relationship violence, sexual assault and stalking; or
- Role plays to practice responding to students with these issues.