With the US now in an official state of emergency due to COVID 19 outbreak, everything from concerts to sporting events to film releases, are being put on indefinite hold.
Here’s a list of all the events and places in Kansas City that have been postponed and/or canceled.
- St. Patrick’s Day Snake Parade
- Planet Comic Con
- Naka Con
- The Green City Market
- City of Liberty
- The Greater Kansas City Home Show
- Kansas City Fashion Week has been moved to September
- Public Libraries have suspended all events until March 31
- All events at the Arvest Theater, The Midland, Silverstein Eye Centers Arena, Lawrence Arts Center, KCRep, Hyvee Arena and those in Power and Light have been postponed
- All performances at the Kauffman Center postponed until April 1
While all of this is certainly disheartening, it is important to remember why these events are being canceled/postponed. It is all in part of not only an effort in Kansas City, not only in the US, but by the entire world to slow the spread of this deadly virus.