Monday, March 8, 2021
- Advertisement -
Tags Campus History

Tag: Campus History

UNews House Tour – A Piece of Campus History

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD3NwSyIXgo The University News House is a piece of UMKC history, where KCUR got on it's feet, and so much more. Take a look inside...

Campus History: Commencement address speakers

Through the years, UMKC has seen many students walk across the stage for commencement. UMKC has welcomed many important commencement speakers. Here...

Campus History: Greek life

The history of Greek life at UMKC dates back to 1952, when Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Incorporated was formed. Since then, male and female students...

Campus History: How UKC became UMKC

The University of Missouri-Kansas City has a deep history dating back over 78 years. The subject of how UMKC became the university it is today...

Campus History: NPHC fraternities and sororities

Additional reporting by Kasim Hardaway Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. was founded Jan. 13, 1913 at Howard University in Washington D.C. Twenty...

Campus History: University Center has changed over time

The University Center may seem neglected since the opening of the Student Union. Many offices and spaces once occupied by campus services since the U-Center...

Campus History: Cockefair Hall

Cockefair Hall, at the northeast corner at 52nd St. and Rockhill Road, houses the UMKC English, history and philosophy departments. Cockefair was the first permanent...

Campus History: Student Academic Success Support building

The Student Academic Support Services (SASS) building, located near the Miller Nichols Library and the Fine Arts Building, is commonly known for its history...

Campus History: Epperson House

Epperson House, a 56-room brick and mortar mansion, stands perched atop the southwest corner of 52nd and Cherry streets overlooking the UMKC campus. The massive,...

Campus History: Fine Arts Building

The Fine Arts Building, at 5015 Holmes Street, was built as the university’s first chemistry-biology building in 1942. The building was designed by Charles A....

Most Read