It’s almost autumn, and for many individuals, that means the last chance to get some camping in before winter temperatures ruin the fun. The following is a list of camping hacks to make outdoor adventures a cinch.
• After it gets dark, strap a headlamp to a gallon jug of water to fill the tent with soft, ambient light.
• Repurpose a plastic coffee container by cutting a vertical slit in the side to conveniently hold toilet paper and keep it from getting dirty or wet.
• Use empty Tic Tac containers to store small amounts of spices for cooking on the grill.
• Make a mini first-aid kit by putting things like bandages and sterilizing spray in Altoids tins or empty prescription pill bottles.
• Add bundles of sage to a campfire as a chemical-free way to keep the mosquitos away.
• Got an itchy mosquito bite and forgot the Calamine lotion? Rubbing a little bit of deodorant on the affected area will temporarily stop the itching.
• Put matches in waterproof container and glue a strip of sandpaper to the lid for easy striking.