College is expensive. That’s old news. Between Chipotle burritos, nights out, nights in with pizza, groceries, gas, books, and tuition costs, it’s no wonder our wallets are often empty. Thankfully, retailers have come to rescue our empty wallets by providing college students access to discounts at several different stores, restaurants, events, and more. Your student ID is the key to unlocking these magical, well-deserved savings.
While discounts vary from city to city and business to business, it never hurts to ask. Some businesses offer student discounts but don’t always broadcast this information.
Below is a list of places that offer a variety of student discounts. So reach into your wallet, flash that student ID with pride, and start taking advantage of the savings available. You may just save enough money to buy yourself a burrito. And chips.
• Adobe: 60 % off software.
• Alamo Draft House: Movie tickets are $5.50 at the box office.
• Allstate: Students under the age of 25 can save 20 percent on car insurance for good grades.
• Amazon Prime: Students can get a six-month free trial and 50 percent off after the trial ends along with free two-day shipping on all Amazon items.
• AMC: Discount movie tickets on Thursdays.
• Apple Store: Save $200 on a new Mac at the Apple Store for Education.
• ASOS: 10 percent off for a full academic year.
• Banana Republic: 15 percent off full priced purchases.
• Chick-fil-A: Free drink with purchase.
• Core Power Yoga: Discount on monthly memberships and 20 percent of training and programs.
• Greyhound Bus: 20 percent off fares online and walkups.
• J. Crew: 15 percent off in-store purchases.
• Joann: 10 percent off every purchase in store and online with the Jo-Ann Student Discount Program.
• Kansas City Repertory Theatre: Students receive $5 off ticket prices.
• Kansas City Symphony: $25 student season pass.
• Kate Spade: 15 percent off full-priced purchases in-store.
• Levi’s: 15 percent off after registering online.
• Madewell: 15 percent off in-store purchases.
• Medelita: Pre-med students can get 15 percent off lab coats and scrubs online at Medelita’s Student Discount Program.
• Microsoft: 10 percent off Surface products, Windows PCs, and all accessories.
• New York Times: $1 a week for digital access.
• Spotify: 50 percent off Premium for students.
• Starlight: 50 percent off tickets.
• The Limited: 15 percent off in-store purchases.
• Topshop: 10 percent off online and in store after registering online.