The 2015 UMKC United Way campaign will remain open until the end of Friday. There’s still time to make a pledge — and be entered to win some terrific prizes donated by area businesses.
United Way is a key partner in winning the battle against the persistent challenges our community faces. And you can make a difference simply by making a donation to UMKC’s United Way 2015 Campaign. Your SSO is your log-on. With your pledge, we can help:
- Reduce low-income families’ dependence on food banks and emergency shelters
- Improve school performance and non-violent problem-solving with children and youth
- Help women find prenatal care
- Counsel and educate substance abusers to help them end their destructive behavior
- Provide older adults with the resources necessary to remain in their own homes
Everyone who pledges to the campaign will be registered to win UMKC’s grand prize: a 40-inch color television. Other prizes — ranging from a Bluetooth headset, Cosentino’s grocery gift card, Cheesecake Factory gift card and a night’s stay at the Raphael or the Intercontinental — will be drawn from among United Way givers. Check out our complete list of prizes.
Learn more on the UMKC United Way facebook page. Giving is easy through UMKC’s online donor website (www.umkc.edu/liveunited) that accepts payroll deduction and allows you to direct your contribution where you would like to see it used. So LIVE RooNITED. And remember, it all depends on Roo!