Save the date for UMKC Move-In, Aug. 17, and Convocation and Welcome Week activities, Aug. 18-19. Faculty and staff volunteers are needed to help with a variety of events to help welcome new and returning students. Please consider helping with one of the following opportunities.
The UMKC Office of Residential Life invites faculty and staff to be part of a rich UMKC celebration and tradition by volunteering a few hours of time on Move-In Day, Friday, August 17.
Students will move into Oak and Johnson residence halls on Friday, Aug. 17. With more than 800 students between the two facilities, we need your help to make sure that every student has a great start to their UMKC experience. Volunteers help serve a variety of roles: they help direct traffic, coordinate student volunteers, help answer questions and move boxes. In short, volunteers help make this day possible!
Please sign up by Thursday, Aug. 2 to receive your move-in T-shirt. The sign-up link is available online.
Convocation and Welcome Week activities
Saturday, Aug. 18
- Welcome Tailgate (event time is 5 – 6:30 p.m., volunteers will be needed from 4 -7 p.m. in a variety of shifts)
Sunday, Aug. 19
- Convocation (help will be needed from around 10 a.m. until around 2:30 p.m. in a variety of shifts)
- UMKC Spirit Walk (help with welcoming students will be needed from around 1:30 p.m. until around 2:15 p.m.)
- Unionfest (help will be needed from around 3 p.m. until around 7 p.m. in a variety of shifts)
Welcome Week Help Table
- We will also be hosting a table near the University Playhouse area at 51st and Holmes to help welcome and direct new students through the first few days of classes.
To help with Convocation and Welcome Week activities or the Welcome Week Help Table, please email Kim Kushner, firstname.lastname@example.org, with the event you are interested in.