During this time, more than ever, we find ourselves yearning for opportunities to connect with others through community. So, we decided to create our own communities! Whether you are interested in participating in a group, or leading one, there is a little something for everyone.
Staff Community Group Topics Include:
- Arts and Culture: Learning about another culture, film festivals, opera and museum exhibits
- Book Club: Professional Development, Leadership, Culture, Fiction, Non-Fiction and Bibliographies
- Craft & DIY: Crocheting, Knitting, Scrapbooking, Sewing Masks, Peyton Hearts, Hats for Newborns, Cricket (cards) and Simple projects around the home
- Cooking: Quick and Easy recipes (breakfast, lunch, dinner, appetizers and treats) and Recipe Swap
- Gardening: Herb Gardens, gardening and landscaping tips
- Parents and Support Systems: Creating Balance and Supporting your Children and Yourself, New Parents, Work Life Balance, Healthy Boundaries, and Family Relations and Dynamics
- Wellness: Walking partners, exercising and healthy eating
- Create your own: Item which might not be mentioned in the above topics
In an effort to truly build community, Facilitators and Participants commit to hold their community group for a minimum of two months, with meetups at least biweekly.
While the university remains closed, groups will meet in a virtual format. Sign up now.