Both University policy and applicable state and federal laws prohibit all students, employees, volunteers, and visitors at the University from engaging in discrimination on the basis of any protected characteristic, including race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. In addition, University policy and the law prohibit sexual misconduct, sexual harassment, stalking on the basis of sex, dating/intimate partner violence, and sexual exploitation.
Related University policy applies to any phase of UMKC’s employment process, any phase of UMKC’s admissions or financial aid programs, and all other aspects of UMKC’s educational programs or activities. Additionally, related University policy applies to allegations of sexual misconduct or allegations of other forms of sex discrimination occurring in other settings, including off-campus, if there are effects of the conduct that interfere with or limit any person’s ability to participate in or benefit from the University’s educational programs, activities or employment.
- Sex Discrimination
- Sexual Harassment
- Sexual Misconduct
- Stalking on the Basis of Sex
- Dating/Intimate Partner Violence
- Sexual Exploitation
- Discrimination or Harassment on the Basis of Protected Characteristic
University of Missouri Collected Rules and Regulations
- CRR 600.010: Equal Employment/Educational Opportunity Policy
- CRR 600.020: Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment and Sexual Misconduct in Education/Employment Policy
- CRR 600.030: Equity Resolution Process for Resolving Complaints of Harassment, Sexual Misconduct and other Forms of Discrimination against a Student or Student Organization
- CRR 600.040: Equity Resolution Process for Resolving Complaints of Discrimination, Harassment, and Sexual Misconduct against a Faculty Member
- CRR 600.050: Equity Resolution Process for Resolving Complaints of Discrimination, Harassment, and Sexual Misconduct against a Staff Member
- CRR 600.060: Equity Resolution Process for Resolving Complaints of Discrimination and Harassment against the University of Missouri