Why Visit Us
Our goal is to help you stay well, so you can focus on your courses and excel.
- We are located conveniently near campus.
- You will experience quick visits, resulting in little or no lost class time.
- Affordable visits with little to no-cost.
- Feel relaxed throughout your visits with caring and approachable staff.
- We provide private and confidential care.
- We are an excellent resource for up-to-date health information.
Students are encouraged to make an appointment with one of our health care providers. Only a limited number of same-day appointments are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- To make an appointment online, visit our secure Open Communicator portal.
- To make an appointment in person, visit us at:
5110 Oak Street, Brookside 51 Building, Suite 237
Kansas City, MO 64112
- To make an appointment by phone, call (816) 235-6133.
Note: If you have a life-threatening emergency, call 911 immediately.
Hours of Operation
Monday: 8:30 a.m.-noon 1:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m.
Tuesday: 8:30 a.m.-noon 1:30 p.m.-6:30 p.m.
Wednesday: 8:30 a.m.-noon 1:30 p.m.-5:00 p.m.
Thursday: 8:30 a.m.-noon 1:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m.-noon 1:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m.
About Your Appointment
At Student Health and Wellness, we encourage you to develop personal responsibility for your health during your years at UMKC. Staying healthy will give you a competitive edge and help maximize your educational experiences — and we’re here to help.
Important Visit Reminders:
Arrive 15 minutes prior to appointment time to complete required forms. These forms are about your current and past medical history and are important for us to know to provide you the best care.
Always cancel or reschedule your appointment at least 1 hour prior to your appointment, if no longer needed. We do charge a $5.00 fee if you do not show for your scheduled appointment. To prevent the $5.00 fee being charged to your student account, please call to cancel or reschedule your appointment at least 1 hour prior to your appointment
If you no longer need or unable to keep your appointment, please notify the office, so that the appointment slot can be utilized by another student.
You may cancel any appointment:
- Through our Open Communicator Patient Portal
- Call the office at (816)235-6133 or
- Email the office at firstname.lastname@example.org
When you call or email you cancellation request, please leave your name, UMKC ID number, appointment date, and time.
There is NO free parking at the 5110 building. If you purchased a UMKC parking permit, park in the Oak street parking garage spaces permitted for student parking. If you do not have a parking permit, you will need to find free parking on the streets near the clinic.
You can print and complete the Health History Form to bring to your first appointment. This can help to make the check-in process more efficient for you.
When You Arrive at UMKC Student Health and Wellness:
- Check in at the kiosk, where you will electronically sign all necessary consents.
- Provide your completed Health History Form to the front desk staff.
- After you are checked in, have a seat and wait for a Registered Nurse (RN) to call your name.
- The RN will escort you to the examination room, ask for basic health information, take your vital signs (weight, height, temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respirations), and encourage you to have a FREE rapid HIV test.
- Then a Nurse Practitioner (NP) will come in the examination room to further assess your needs.
Each student pays a Student Health Fee along with tuition during registration for courses. The Student Health Fee is capped at 12 credit hours. This fee makes it possible for UMKC Student Health and Wellness to provide health care services to UMKC students.
Additional fees that are not included in your Student Health Fee payment may be charged to you; these typically include payment for immunizations, treatments/medications, lab work or medical supplies. You will be notified of these charges at your appointment.
There is no charge for a visit and assessment, provided you are a UMKC student that is enrolled in the current semester. However, you may be charged for laboratory tests or other specialty services.
No Show Fee – To prevent a $5.00 fee to your student account, please call to cancel or reschedule at lease 1 hour prior to your appointment.
Forms Required for Treatment:
This form must be completed at your first visit to UMKC Student Health and Wellness. The purpose of this form is to provide information on your medical history, current medications, allergies and family history — all of which is extremely important for both you and your health care providers to know.
This form gives UMKC Student Health and Wellness permission to send, receive, or share your personal medical history. We will never share any of your medical records until we have received your permission.
If you are under the age of 18, we are not able to treat you until we have this form completed by a parent or legal guardian.
This form states that you are permitting us to provide you care; it MUST be signed by you. Typically, you will sign this form electronically at the kiosk when you arrive for your visit; however, this form may be printed and used if our computer system is down.
Forms for assistance with vaccination for Human Papillomavirus (HPV)
This form is the application to apply for assistance on receiving the GARDASIL-9 vaccine.