| The application cycle for the 2023 STAHR Scholars Program is currently closed.
Notify me about the next STAHR Scholars Program application cycle.
To be considered for the program, the following must be completed prior to the deadline:
- A completed STAHR Scholars Online Application
- Your progress on the application can be saved and returned to later using the Save & Return feature, which provides you with a return code.
- The application is not considered “completed” until the final Submit button has been clicked. After successfully submitting, a confirmation email will be sent to the email address provided in the application.
- To see an overview of what is included in the application, review the first page of the Online Application.
- A copy of your most up-to-date academic transcript(s)
- You may attach your academic document(s) through the upload spaces in the Online Application or by uploading directly to the STAHR Application File Upload.
- Official documents preferred, but unofficial will also be accepted.
- If classes have been taken at multiple institutions, please submit documentation from each school.
- Students currently enrolled as a high school senior must submit documentation for 9th grade through the present (including college credits).
- Students currently or formerly enrolled in college must submit documentation for all college credits attempted and taken.
- Your documentation must contain the following:
- Student’s name
- Name of school
- All classes taken and grades received
- Classes currently enrolled in (if applicable)
- Cumulative unweighted GPA (out of 4.00)
- One professional recommendation submitted through the STAHR Scholars Online Reference Form
- Recommendations can come from a counselor/advisor, teacher/instructor, or other professional who is able to speak on your personal and professional attributes.
- Recommenders must complete the online form. Letters of recommendation will not be considered.
- Recommenders can complete the Online Reference Form before or after you submit the Online Application.
- *Students who have previously participated in the STAHR Scholars Program do not need to have a recommender complete the form.*
- If not a United States Citizen – A copy of your Permanent Residence Card (Green Card)
- You may attach a copy of your card through the upload spaces in the Online Application or by uploading directly to the STAHR Application File Upload.
- *U.S. Citizens do not need to upload any form of government ID.*
ALL application materials must be submitted by February 15, 2023 at 11:59pm CST. Email confirmations will be sent to applicants when materials have been received.
Students who meet the eligibility requirements and complete all application materials will undergo a committee review for selection. This committee will review all information about the applicant and determine suitability for the program.
In general, successful applicants:
- Understand and commit to fulfilling all expectations and program requirements
- Indicate a personal interest in exploring more about what it means to be a health professional
- Demonstrate academic persistence and a commitment to learning
To maximize the resources for each student, STAHR will be accepting a limited number of Scholars:
- 45 collegiate-level (6-week summer experience)
Students will be notified of their acceptance by March 15.