Check out UMKC Today’s profile on Keichanda Dees-Burnett, our Director of Multicultural Student Affairs and Co-interim Dean of Students. Anyone who has worked with Keichanda knows what a great source of support she is for students, especially underrepresented minorities. Her drive and passion are evident in her work, as she truly embodies our Culture of Care. Many kudos and thanks to Keichanda!
After the success of last year’s Staff Appreciation Day, Staff Council is working on a week full of staff development and appreciation events.
Mark your calendar for May 19 through 23!
More information will be released in the months to come and this post will be updated as details are finalized. And while you wait for May to get here, reminisce on last year’s event by checking out the 2013 schedule and seeing the pictures.
Staff Council will be hosting an all-day staff development and appreciation event on May 22, 2013.
All six Staff Council committees are working together to ensure the day incorporates the information and issues that are important to staff and of course, lots of fun!
More information will be released in the months to come.
Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Krispy Kreme Donuts
8:00 – 9:30 am
Distributed by unit
- Libraries – Available in the 2nd floor break room
- School of Computing & Engineering (Flarsheim) – Selena Albert will be making deliveries
- School of Dentistry – Available on 2nd floor outside the Canteen
- School of Medicine – Available in SOM lobby
- A & S (various buildings) – Amy Brost & Alicen Lundberg will be making deliveries
- Administrative Center – Available in the 2nd floor elevator lobby
- School of Nursing – Elgie Garner will be making deliveries
- School of Pharmacy – Available in SOP 2302
- School of Education – Polly Prendergast and Sheri Volpe will be in SOE 307
- Berkley – Polly Prendergast will deliver at 10:30 am
- School of Biological Sciences – Megan Florance will be in SCB 504 (also coffee provided)
- Campus Facilities (General Services Building) – Available in kitchen area of GSB 101 and onsite employees should check respective buildings
- Athletics (various buildings) – Jessica Trahan will deliver
- School of Management (Bloch) – Available on table near Grand Hall
- Conservatory (various buildings) – reception areas for Annex and Grant Hall, and with Barbara Lutman in PAC 413
- School of Law – Cary Powers
- Student Union – Antoinette Jackson will be making deliveries
- Student Success Center – Maya Mapp will be making deliveries
- Information Services (various buildings) – Lyndsey Magrone will be making deliveries
Shuttle between Hospital Hill and Volker Campuses
11:00 am – 2:00 pm – runs every 15 minutes
- Station at Hospital Hill Campus – 2464 Charlotte (between Health Science Building and School of Medicine)
- Station at Volker Campus – intersection of 51st and Holmes
11:30 am – 1:00 pm
Volker Campus Quad (rain site – Pierson Auditorium) – Staff ID Required
- Seasonal Fresh Fruit Salad
- Roasted Vegetable Bow Tie Salad
- Country Potato Salad
- Cornbread, Rolls and Butter
- Ranch Style Baked Beans
- Barbecued Chicken
- Barbecued Beef Brisket
- Veggie Burgers
- Peach Cobbler
- Freshly Brewed Iced Tea and Lemonade
Short Program, including Chancellor’s Address
Also, door prize drawings and the introduction of new Staff Council
- iPad Mini
- Over 35 door prizes with values ranging from $25 to $75, including Plaza gift cards, Visa gift cards, UMKC Parking Pass (1 month), UMKC Bookstore, AMC, Subway, Chipotle, Starbucks, UMKC Roo Bucks, Panera, Pizza 51, & Pickleman’s!
There is also a 50/50 raffle to benefit the Capital Campaign (remember to bring cash to participate!)
Kona Ice Truck
Volker Campus Quad
Circle Drive between School of Medicine and Health Science Building