What are Staff Community Groups?
Staff Community Groups aim to help you connect with your fellow Roo staff members through common interests and topics.
- The Roo Tabletop Games League
- Join the adventure! UMKC Professional staff members are invited to join the new staff Dungeons & Dragons group forming on campus: The Roo Tabletop Games League. Whether you’re a seasoned RPG veteran or have never played before, all are welcome to partake in this fun, social, and inclusive space. We’ll work with everyone to find a common time and place to embark on epic quests, vanquish foes, and forge new bonds over snacks and dice rolls. Don’t miss out on the action – it’s a great way to take a break, spark your imagination, and connect with colleagues. No experience needed and all levels welcomed!
Dylan Green: firstname.lastname@example.org
- New Parents, New Connections
- Join us for a coffee, lunch break, or a chance to bond with other new parents in a relaxed atmosphere. Although this group started for new parents, it is open to anyone interested in getting together to share resources around parenthood, care giving, and more.
Kim Kushner: email@example.com
Janey Stephens: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Non-Fiction Book Club
- Interested in meeting other staff at UMKC and reading some non-fiction this summer? Join the staff council outreach group’s Non-fiction book club. Once our group is solidified, we will jointly select a book to read, whether it’s historical non-fiction, memoirs, biographies or professional/personal development.
Amelia Howard: email@example.com
- Fiction Book Club
- The Fiction Book Group is a casual and informal gathering of staff interested in reading fiction for enjoyment purposes and in meeting with staff across the university who share a similar interest. The group meets in-person approximately every month, with each member taking a turn selecting a book for the group to read. All genres of fiction are accepted and appreciated.
Nate Addington: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arts Aficionados Club
- The Arts Aficionado’s Club is for anyone interested in the visual and performing arts. If you are a visual or performing artist, an art history buff, or just an art lover then please join the group!. We will meet once per month approximately (virtual or in-person available). Ideas for the group could include discussion of various topics in the arts.
Jennifer Lyles: email@example.com
Join a Group
Please feel free to reach out to group facilitator(s) directly if interested in joining their group.
Lead a Group
Looking to lead an existing group or create a new one? Contact the Communications Chair, James Shackelford, at firstname.lastname@example.org.