Return to campus is abruptly approaching!! Check out the UMKC Coronavirus web page for up to date information regarding guidelines for health and safety as well as local Kansas City orders.
The website also has information regarding symptoms to watch out for, requirements for monitoring one’s temperature, and how everyone can do their part to help keep our campus clean and healthy.
In the Campus Spaces section, you can find valuable information about what classrooms, offices, and other UMKC spaces and facilities will look like. You can also check out Marketing and Communication’s “Top 10 Roo Responsibilities to Each Other” for a condensed version of some guidelines.
Here’s to a safe, healthy, and exciting Fall 2020 semester for all – and a giant THANK YOU to everyone who has a hand in keeping our campus safe and clean!
To Our UMKC Staff Community
We want to take this opportunity to express our gratitude for your understanding and patience in the face of these challenging, uncertain, and unprecedented times.
As we work to move past this crisis, we don’t have all the answers, but we are here to listen to your questions and concerns in order to advocate for UMKC Staff in several University leadership meetings we participate in to provide staff perspectives on University actions, initiatives, and policy development. Some of these committees include Administrative Council, University Budget Committee, Chancellor 1 on 1 meetings, the UM System Intercampus Staff Advisory Council and UMKC Forward. To share your perspective with us, so we may best represent you, please contact us at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org or at our website: https://info.umkc.edu/staffcouncil/contact-us/.
Although we recognize we face challenging times, we want to give you some resources that may bring clarity and peace of mind at UMKC:
- Employee Assistance Program: We would like to remind you of the Saint Luke’s LIFEWISE EAP resources that are available to all staff, faculty and their dependents. Schedule your appointment today by calling 816-931-3073 or toll-free at 1-800-327-1223 during business hours: 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday.
- Staff Ombudsperson: Staff at the University of Missouri-Kansas City have an independent, impartial, informal and confidential resource at their disposal. An ombudsperson offers a safe place for an off-the-record conversation about your work at UMKC. Our Staff Ombudsperson is available, even while we are working from home. For more information: https://info.umkc.edu/help/ombuds/
Other Resources Available
- UMKC Rec: Swinney Rec Center continues to offer free live workouts on their Instagram page, @umkcrec. If you haven’t yet, give them a follow and check out the #StayFitChallenge. You can also find their archived workouts on YouTube by clicking HERE.
- UM Remote Yoga: UM System is still hosting its biweekly yoga classes via Zoom. It’s not too late to join in on Mondays at 3 pm or on Thursdays at 8:30 am. You can find the Zoom meeting information HERE, under the “Personal well-being” heading.
- Sanvello: The Sanvello app provides on-demand help for stress and anxiety, and offers a virtual platform where you can meaningfully connect with others. Right now, premium access is free for everyone. Try out one of their mindfulness activities, such as the “Awareness of Emotions” guided meditation.
Thank you for your honest communication, personal sacrifice, teamwork, and commitment to this campus. We appreciate you for everything you have done for UMKC, and for continuing to support student success.
In this Together.
Staff Council Executive Committees
Roland Hemmings, Chair Karen King, Chair
Karen King Alexandra Schumacher
Brittany Bummer Brittany Bummer
Meghan Dooley Hannah Litwiller
Megan Gonzalez Elora Thomas
Lona Davenport KC Atchinson & Emily Reeb
UMKC Forward is a campus-wide collaborative process intended to propel our institution through difficult financial times while simultaneously restructuring our academic programs and administrative operations with a focus on investment and growth for our future. Several staff members serve on various teams and subcommittees providing recommendations and input to work toward greater institutional efficiency and excellence. For more information or to see who is representing your area of employment, visit their website. Additionally, if you have suggestions or would like to share feedback, you can email email@example.com, or click “Share Your Feedback” on the website.