Are you ready to quit smoking?
You don’t have to do it alone. We have tips and programs to help you kick the habit. UMKC supports employees and students who want to quit using tobacco products by offering individual and group treatment programs. One series of classes, including nicotine-replacement products, is available at no cost. This offer extends to students and employees as well as their spouses and sponsored dependents.
For employees and students who do not want to quit but need help to feel more comfortable at work or during class, nicotine replacement gum and other products may be acquired through a smoking-cessation coach. Other options may be available to you under your health-benefits program.
Benefits of Quitting
- Improved blood circulation
- Improved senses of taste and smell
- More stamina and energy
- More money
- Reduced risk of diseases such as emphysema, heart disease and cancers
- Improved self-image and self-respect
- Whiter teeth and fresher breath
- Better smelling hair, clothes, home and car
- No more worrying about when, where and how you’ll get your next cigarette