Tools for Online SI
With the shift to all/mostly virtual academic support caused by COVID-19, many SI programs–including UMKC’s–have been rushing to transition the traditionally in-person model to an online environment. Still, many SI programs have been supporting classes with virtual sessions for years already and were able to transition their remaining in-person sessions to online with relative ease. However, as the semester goes on, we know all programs will have a need to continue to share best practices and resources to support each other through this time of rapid change. Below is a list of resources we hope will guide programs through challenges they may face this semester.
If you have any questions about any of the content here, please contact the International Center for SI by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
SI Net Threads re: Online SI
SI Net is the International Center’s listserv for all things SI. Check out the many SI Net threads about online SI that have been shared recently and throughout the years.
Online Strategy Booklet from the University of North Georgia
Read the Online Strategy Booklet from the University of North Georgia‘s SI team for useful information about conducting online SI.
Online Activity Tools
- Mentimeter – create interactive presentations and meetings, quizzes, and surveys.
- Kahoot – create learning games.
- Polleverywhere – create polls.
- Socrative – create different activities such as quizzes, exit tickets, or quick questions.
- Padlet – create collaborative documents.
- Quizlet – create flashcards.
- Flippity – create flashcards or games (jeopardy, trivia, board games, etc.).
- JeopardyLabs – create a jeopardy game.
- EDpuzzle – create quizzes or tests around YouTube videos.
- Kubbu – create games, quizzes, and crosswords.
- CoSketch – collaborative drawing site.
- Replit – collaborative, in-browser IDE.
- PhET – Java-based interactive simulations (Physics, Chemistry, Math, Biology, Earth Science).
- Experiments with Google – create simulations and games online.
- Quizalize – create quiz games.
- StudyBlue (Chegg) – online flashcards.
- GoConqr – create mind maps.
- StudyStack – find and create online flashcards.
- Google Forms – create online polls.
- Baamboozle – an online questioning team game that also offers study tools for personal study application after sessions.
Accredited SI Programs with Online SI Experience
Visit the ICSI webinars page for information about upcoming webinars.