SCE Students Get Sneak Peek at Hybrid Vehicles

The Toyota Ride & Drive event, sponsored by SCE and A&S held on the UMKC campus on Tuesday, Feb. 22, introduced UMKC engineering and computer science students to the prototype Toyota Fuel Cell Hybrid Vehicle-Advanced with an anticipated release in 2015, and the Toyota Prius Plug-in Hybrid Vechicle, with an anticipated release in 2012. UMKC friends, students, faculty and staff viewed the vehicles up close and had the opportunity to drive the cars while local and national Toyota representatives explained the new technologies embedded in each prototype. Fox4 covered the event and interviewed Jason Patterson, SCE student council president, who spoke with reporter John Pepperdine. Bill Reinert, a UMKC College of Arts and Sciences alumnus and national manager of Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A. Inc.’s Advanced Technology Group was instrumental in providing this opportunity for UMKC. Detailed information about the event can be found in its UMKC Press Release.

1 thought on “SCE Students Get Sneak Peek at Hybrid Vehicles

1. Rob of Car Sale Dallas

What a great thread. I have been involved in the motor trade for over 20 years and find this subject fascinating. I have been driving a Prius for almost a year now and love its green credentials. I wont pretend that it looks great and is the fastest motor in town, but im doing my little bit for the environment and that makes me happy

I have my own blog and would very much like to open a new topic on this very subject. Keep up the great work guys.

Reply