- Aug 12 2021 - Apr 21 2022
MTDS Developing Level I: Teacher Academy 2021-2022
This program offers support for mid-career teachers. Developing I begins with a statewide kick-off event featuring John Antonetti, author of 17,000 Classroom Visits Can’t Be Wrong!
Developing I is part of the Missouri Teacher Development System (mo-mtds.net) and is open to any teacher who has:
• completed at least three years of successful teaching
• a strong desire for professional improvement
The Academy is a year-long cohort experience, providing an opportunity to network with teachers across our region and state. Work will focus on state-approved competencies which include:
• Community Builder: Works in a Community of Practice
• Reflective Learner: Engages in On-Going Reflective Practice
• Instructional Designer: Uses Data to Make Decisions
• Facilitator of Student Thinking & Learning: Engages Students in Content
• Participation includes 2 full-day statewide meetings with other Teacher Academy Fellow from across the state, one in September and one in January, These meetings are held at Lake of the Ozarks and are facilitated by noted researcher and author John Antonetti. All participants receive a complimentary copy of his book, “17,000 Classroom Visits Can’t Be Wrong.
This opportunity provides:
• access to experts- Kick-off event with John Antonetti!
• a copy of John’s book: 17,000 Classroom Visits Can’t Be Wrong
• consultant support
• networking with other teachers
• competency-based programming
Any transportation and lodging costs are each district’s responsibility.
**Scholarships are available.**
Questions? Please contact Kat at email@example.com