We’re Here to Help: Chelsea Dahlstrom

Title

Senior Grants and Contracts Administrator

My focus

I assist faculty with everything from proposal development to submission to award creation. At UMKC, we are fortunate to work with brilliant and innovative researchers and scholars across all disciplines from the Health Sciences to the Humanities, and it is a pleasure to support them in their academic pursuits.

Where I came from

I’ve called Missouri home for most of my life. After receiving my bachelor’s degree in History and Religious Studies from the University of Central Missouri in 2005, I began my career in higher education in their Admissions Office and have stayed in higher ed since that time. In 2009, I moved to Kansas City to pursue my Master’s in History and Gender Studies here at UMKC and after graduating, started working in the Office of Research Services and Sponsored Programs.

What I love about working in Research Administration

Most of our faculty’s work is aimed at improving people’s lives and introducing groundbreaking knowledge to the world, so it’s meaningful knowing that I play a small role in that. Given that we serve all of campus, I get to work with researchers in almost every department, and therefore, get a front row seat to all the incredible projects happening at UMKC.

Some favorite things

My wife and I have a 15 month old son who keeps us pretty busy. We spend as much time as we can outdoors, while balancing all that fresh air with a healthy dose of Netflix.