Meal Plans and your UMKC Roo Card
All meal plan options can be accessed from the UMKC Roo Card at campus dining locations:
- Dining Hall (Atterbury Student Success Center)
- Chick-fil-A (Student Union)
- Baja Fresh (Student Union)
- Jazzman’s Café (Student Union)
- Robot Café (Miller Nichols Library)
- HSB Café (Health Sciences Bldg.)
- Einstein Bros. Bagels (Royall Hall)
- UMKC Café (Atterbury Student Success Center)
Meal Plan Options – Fall 2023 & Spring 2024
- 12 meals per week with $175.00 flex dollars – $1,954 semester/$3,908 annual
- 15 meals per week with $125.00 flex dollars – $2,042 semester/$4,084 annual
- Block 320 Plan – 160 meals per semester with $200.00 flex dollars – $2,031 semester/$4,062 annual
- Block 360 Plan – 180 meals per semester with $175.00 flex dollars – $2,031 semester/$4,062 annual
- 7 meals per week plus block 50 meals with $300 flex dollars – $2,147 semester/$4,294 annual
Meal Plan Options – Fall 2022 & Spring 2023
Resident Plans – Required for students living in either Oak Street Hall or Johnson Hall and are part of the residence hall contract. A residential student may change their meal plan by the end of the first week of each semester. They must contact Residential Life, firstname.lastname@example.org, to request a plan change.
- 12 meals per week with $175.00 flex dollars – $1,826.50 semester/$3,6534 annual
- 15 meals per week with $125.00 flex dollars – $1,908 semester/$3,816 annual
- Block 280 Plan – 140 meals per semester with $300.00 flex dollars – $2,045 semester/$4,090 annual
- Block 320 Plan – 160 meals per semester with $200.00 flex dollars – $1,898 semester/$3,796 annual
- Block 360 Plan – 180 meals per semester with $175.00 flex dollars – $1,898 semester/$3,796 annual
Commuter Plans – Available to all students not living in the Residence Halls and can be purchased in the Roo Card Office. Students may request a meal plan by sending an email from their UMKC student email account to email@example.com. Meal plan charges for approved email requests will be processed to the student’s Pathway account and billed by Cashiers. All commuter plan prices include sales tax. Plans cannot be changed after 7 days from purchase. Call (816) 235-6657 if you have questions.
- Best Value Plan – 50 meals – $434.31
- Value Plus Plan – 25 meals with $150.00 flex dollars – $475.67
- Advantage Plan – 75 meals with $200.00 flex dollars – $992.71
Faculty/Staff Plans – Available only to UMKC employees with a Faculty/Staff designation on their Roo Card and can be purchased in the Roo Card Office. Full-time benefit eligible employees or part-time employees not enrolled in a course may purchase a plan. Call (816) 235-6657 if you have questions.
- 5 meals – $39.46
- 10 meals – $76.20
- 25 meals – $183.68
Frequently Asked Questions:
When do meal plans end?
- Meal plans end on the last day of finals each semester at 5pm. Unused meals do not carry-over to the following semester and are forfeited.
What is a meal?
- Meals represent the number of entries into the Dining Hall located in the Atterbury Student Success Center. A single meal can also be used daily at the Smart Market to purchase up to $12.00 in food/beverage.
What are flex dollars?
- Flex dollars are a declining balance that can be spent at all UMKC Dining Service locations. Additional flex dollars cannot be purchased separately. Unused flex dollars from the fall semester will roll-over to the spring semester if a meal plan is purchased for the spring semester. All remaining flex dollars at the end of the spring semester will be forfeited.
What is a meal plan week?
- Meals reset every Monday morning and unused meals do not carry over to the following week for weekly meal plans. Once all meals are used in a week, additional entries into the Dining Hall are paid by flex dollars.
How/Where do I find out how many meals and/or flex dollars I have left on my plan?
- Students, faculty and staff can use the Get Funds app or website, https://info.umkc.edu/one-card/get-funds/, to view their plan balances. They can also contact the Roo Card Office (816-235-6657) or ask any UMKC Dining Service venue cashier.
Can I cancel my meal plan and receive a refund?
- If a residential student cancels their housing contract, a pro-rated refund may be available.
- If a commuter student, faculty or staff cancel a meal plan, no refunds are issued and unused meals cannot be transferred to another person.
Can I provide a meal or flex dollars to another student or family member?
- Yes, but you must be present at the dining location to use your student Roo card. Do not allow anyone to use your Roo card.
Dining Hall Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday
- Breakfast – 7:30 AM to 10:00 AM
- Lunch – 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Dinner – 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM
Saturday – Sunday
- Brunch (weekends only) – 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Dinner – 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM
Dining Hall Serving Days
2022-2023 Serving Days – Serving days may be subject to change.
For more information on meal plans, please visit the Dining Services website.