What is the UMKC One Card?
The UMKC One Card is the official campus identification card. The One Card office provides campus IDs to faculty, staff and special programs on campus.
Cardholders are required to carry the UMKC One Card at all times. The cardholder is responsible for the care, protection and maintenance of the card. Any damage to the magnetic stripe that causes the card to become unreadable by any card reader will require replacement at the cardholder’s expense.
Card privileges and account(s) will be deactivated if cardholders are not enrolled in classes or not employed by the University.
What can the UMKC One Card be used for?
- Attend UMKC events, some with special student pricing
- Access your meal plan at campus dining locations
- Access membership entrance into Swinney Recreation Center
- Check out materials at University Libraries
- Charge books to your student account from the University Bookstore
- Enter secure campus buildings if authorized
- Print in the IS computer labs
- Access your Roo Bucks on and off campus
- Print in University Libraries
- Access the KC Metro and Max bus services through the U-Pass Program
- Access your U.S. Bank checking account (optional)
Students, faculty, and staff are not required to open an account with U.S. Bank to receive or use the campus ID card for other campus services.
Important: Roo Bucks and/or a meal plan must be on your card in order to make purchases.