Reservation for the Village

“The Village” is our meeting space in the Office of Multicultural Student Affairs. It is located in the Student Union 319 and can hold 35 people with audio/video capabilities. Student Organizations that we advise may reserve this space for meetings or events.

Reservation for the African American History and “Culture House” (AAHCH)

We are happy to host your group’s meeting or event.

Review all facility information and user responsibilities. To view the AAHCH Facility Information and Reservation Request Guide, click here. We suggest that you print a copy for your records.

Please use one of the below options to submit a request:

Download a form to mail or fax in or fill out the online request form.

Fill out the form below to reserve space at the African-American History and Culture House. Required fields are marked with an asterisk.

Note: All reservations must be made at least two weeks in advance. Requests for events held outside our normal business hours must be submitted three weeks in advance.

Submit the form below:

    Name of Event

    Request Date

    Event Start Time

    Event End Time

    Space Requested

    Name of Person Making Request

    Organization Name

    UMKC Affiliated
    If no, please describe your organization

    Phone Number


    Additional Contact Person’s Name

    Additional Contact Phone Number

    Additional Contact Email

    Type of Event (Drop Down Box)

    Event Description

    Equipment Needs (Select all that apply)
    Chalk Board (2nd Floor AAHCH)Easel and Flip ChartEasel and Dry Erase BoardComputer LabAdditional SeatingPortable PA SystemTelevisionVCR/DVD CapabilitiesProjector (MSA Village)Laptop

    Admission Charged?
    If yes, please indicate how much

    Will There Be Vendors?
    If YES, see the UMKC Policy and complete a Permit to Sell Request Form. You may obtain this information from the Student Life Office, Room G-6, in the University Center located at 5000 Holmes.

    Sale policy: The sale of anything, the soliciting of subscriptions, or the collection of dues is prohibited in University buildings and on University grounds without prior authorization from the vice chancellor for Administrative Affairs or the chancellor.

    A "Permit to Sell" form can be picked up in the Student Life Office in the University Center and must be completed along with a "Facilities Request" form at least two weeks before the event. If recognized student organizations want to hold a bake sale, all sanitation guidelines and health regulations must be followed completely.

    Will there be alcohol served? (This option is only available at the AAHCH)
    If YES, you must comply with the UMKC Alcohol Policy and submit letter of approval with this request.

    Alcohol policy: The use or possession of any alcoholic beverage is strictly prohibited on all University property except where appropriate University approval is given, subject to legal requirements.

    Guidelines for alcohol use are available at the Student Life Office, located on the ground floor of the University Center. To request the use of alcoholic beverages, student organizations should inquire at the Office of Student Auxiliary Services.

    Note that there is a $75 reservation fee for all non-student groups.

    All groups are responsible for clean-up when using the facility/equipment, and failure to do so will result in a $75 minimum fine.

    By clicking the 'Submit Request' button below, you are agreeing to all the terms and conditions defined in the above form.