The countdown has finally come to an end. Two days ago my parents arrived and words cannot describe how happy I was (and still am) to see them. The day after I got back from Brighton my parents arrived in London Heathrow at nine in the morning. I figured it would take them two hours to get to their hotel so I went to their hotel in Putney to meet them with a bag full of little breakfast pastries and goodies.

I waited in the lobby for almost three hours until they came in. I saw my mom from my peripherals first and I got up with a huge smile and said “Hey!” My mom immediately perked up and pulled me into a hug, only to start crying a few seconds later. Thankfully my emotions were mostly in check otherwise there would have been a room full of Scoby women crying. Next was my dad and I gave him a hug as well. It might sound weird to say this, but I didn’t realize how much I missed them until I saw them. Five months is a long time to go without hugging your parents and I don’t recommend it. You need to hug your parents every day, especially when you’ve got such great parents like mine who are willing to travel across the world and visit you in Europe for three weeks. I didn’t realize how much I missed all their little quirks. Things that used to aggravate me are now things that I adore.


Anyways, enough of the mushy gushy stuff. After they got settled in I treated them to Wagamama’s, which if you’re not familiar with it’s really good Asian food. After getting caught up and we finished our meal they headed back to the hotel to relax (they didn’t sleep on the plane) before we headed to the Shard later that evening for dinner.


Taking my parents to the Shard was mine and Jessica’s treat. On our way to the Shard we stopped at Westminister so they could get some pictures of Big Ben and the London Eye. After we took a few pictures we headed back on the tube to the Shard. We ate at the restaurant Oblix, and I’ll start by saying you don’t go to Oblix for food. You go for the view. The view was amazing and breathtaking. You can literally see so much of London from that restaurant (it’s on the 32nd floor). Even though the food wasn’t as amazing as I’d hoped it’d be, we all had a good time and were ready to turn in for the night, because my parents had a big day ahead of them.


The next morning they went to the Harry Potter Warner Brother’s Studio Tour and we met up with them later that evening to take them to Nandos at Westfield Mall. Unfortunately we got there near closing time so we only had time to eat, so we’ll definitely have to go back and explore. The next day though (being today) was pretty busy.

My parents took the bus to Roehampton and from Roehampton we went to Hampton Court Palace. We easily killed a few hours exploring the palace, in complete awe of all the history that was surrounding us. After we explored the palace we went into the gardens and the maze. When Hampton Court was done we headed back to Putney and I introduced them to Byron Burgers. They loved the food, even if the portions were a little overwhelming. After that we called it a night.


Tomorrow I will be waking up at 7:30am to meet up with my parents and go to Tower of London. After we explore a bit there we’ll be going to Madame Tussaud’s Wax Museum. I am so stoked to go there! My last Europe trip I wasn’t able to go, so I’m more than looking forward to tomorrow. I’m sure I’ll have a post about tomorrow’s adventure, but until next time.