What is a 1099 Tax Form and how do I obtain it?

A 1099 tax form is used to report any kind of income you receive throughout the year other than your salary paid to you by your employer. Central Payroll in Columbia issues 1099 tax forms and they will be sent to your home address. Please direct questions and/or concerns regarding 1099 tax forms to Sheila Cheffen in our payroll department at cheffens@umkc.edu.