Employee Walking Club
With fall upon us, we want to encourage employees to get outside and be active. We invite you to join the “Walk It Out!” UMKC Employee Walking Club!
The walking club will meet two times a week, Tuesdays and Thursdays at noon on both the Volker Campus and Health Sciences Campus and aims to get employees moving and meeting others. Employees can log their participation on a Walking Log and if you complete an average of 2 walks per week between Tuesday, September 6th through Friday, December 2nd, you will be entered to win a $100 gift card for new walking shoes or fitness gear!
Walking Club Information:
- A walking club to promote physical and mental health through weekly walking!
- We want to encourage employees to get outside and be active.
- The club aims to get employees moving and meeting others.
- All UMKC employees can participate.
- Fall Season: Tuesday, September 6 – Friday, December 2
- Anywhere! – But if you’re on campus, come meet up with the group every Tuesday and Thursday at 12pm. Rain or Shine.
- Volker Campus – Meets at University Parkway
- Health Sciences Campus – Meets at courtyard in front of School of Medicine
- Commit to an average of two fifteen-minute walks each week for the duration of the season.
- Complete the Participation Form to let us know you’re interested and for future communications about the walking club.
- Access the form by using your UM System assigned login: yourSSOhere@umsystem.edu.
- Mark your participation each week on the Walking Log, then at the end of the season email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you meet the weekly requirements, you’ll be entered for a chance to win a $100 gift card for new walking shoes or fitness gear!
Visit the Roo Employee Engagement website for more upcoming events!