Human Resources would like to share a new program with you – Roo Employee Engagement. The program includes a variety of events and resources. Events will focus on recognition, community building, development, family friendly events and more. We welcome you to visit the Roo Employee Engagement page, a new webpage to share upcoming engagement events for employees and resources for managers to engage their employees. Our hope is to continue creating a culture of care by supporting our community of faculty and staff through events that focus on employee development and having fun. We are kicking off this new program with an Employee Spirit Week, April 4th-8th, followed by Take your Child to Work Day on April 28th. Details can be found below and on the webpage.
Employee Spirit Week – April 4th – 8th
Department Spirit Day – Monday, April 4th:
- Showcase your department’s UMKC spirit by decorating your department door! Door Decorations must be work appropriate, incorporate UMKC and what your department does. Submit a photo of the decorated door to email@example.com by 5pm on Monday, April 4th for the chance to win a prize. Additionally, units will be encouraged to do something fun together, such as enjoying a treat (donuts, bagels, cookies, ice cream, etc.) or spending an hour playing games.
Secret Cheerleader Day – Tuesday, April 5th:
- Let’s celebrate and cheer each other on. On Secret Cheerleader Day, employees will have the opportunity pass each other anonymous notes, complimenting excellent work. HR has designed some note templates that can be accessed through the HR website and printed out or sent electronically. Additionally, employees can stop by the Human Resources Office (Administrative Center, Room 226) to grab some pre-printed cards or reach out to their HRBP to find out if there is a pickup location in their CSD. Start thinking about who you want to recognize and let’s spend Tuesday, April 5th cheering on our co-workers!
Kangaroo Pantry Food Drive – Wednesday, April 6th:
- Help us feed those in need! Bring in donations for the UMKC Kangaroo Pantry. Most needed non-perishable food items include: canned meat – (chicken and tuna), Ramen Noodles, canned fruit, dry pasta, canned soup, peanut butter, breakfast items, granola bars. Submit a photo of your department’s donations, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Thursday, April 7th for a chance to win a prize.
Kansas City Spirit Day – Thursday, April 7th:
- Let’s show our spirit by wearing attire representing one of the many great things that Kansas City has to offer! Do you have a t-shirt from your favorite BBQ place in town? What about one of those KC heart shirts from Charlie Hustle? Thursday is also the Royals Home Opener, support the boys in blue by wearing your favorite Royals attire. Attire can include gear featuring Kansas City sports teams or any other KC themed clothing. The department that shows the most KC Spirit will when a yummy prize! Submit a group photo, showcasing your department’s KC Spirit, to email@example.com by 5pm on Thursday, April 7th.
Roo Blue Friday – Friday, April 8th:
- Wear your best Roo blue and gold on Friday to show your UMKC spirit! The department that shows the most Roo Blue Spirit will when a yummy prize! Submit a group photo, showcasing your department’s KC Spirit, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday, April 8th.
Take your Child to Work Day – April 28, 2022
- Employees will have the exciting opportunity to bring their child(ren) to UMKC for the day in celebration of national Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day. Each child will be provided with a t-shirt and complementary lunch at the Atterbury Student Success Center cafeteria. The day’s schedule of events and activities will give your child(ren) a fun snapshot of UMKC and all of the amazing things our campus has to offer.
We hope you will continue to check out the website and find opportunities to engage with other employees at UMKC. Please contact Emily Strayhall at email@example.com if you have any questions.