The Kansas City Professional Development Council (KCPDC) is a consortium of ten area colleges and universities that pool funds to provide a variety of programs for faculty and staff. As a member, UMKC faculty and staff may attend programs at no charge to their department.
Conference and Program Highlights:
- Enhancing Teaching and Learning Conference on March 2, 2019
- Faculty Development Program
- Fundamentals of Teaching Excellence on February 9, 2019
- Advanced Academy on April 12, 2019
- Professional Development Conference on May 23, 2019
- Supervisor Development Program (certificate)
- Special Topic Workshops (standalone workshops on a variety of topics)
The Faculty Academy provides a new, single day format for the core program content. Registration is on myLearn. Fundamentals of Teaching Excellence is held twice during the year and includes five faculty-facilitated modules on teaching and learning. An annual Advanced Academy course and Enhancing Teaching and Learning Conference round out this program..
Information on all programs is at www.kcpdc.org.