The 2021 Staff Awards nomination process is now open! Please take the time to recognize your colleagues for their significant contributions to UMKC. This year we will award individuals who have been supporting the strategic values and we will continue awarding the Living the Values award to staff members across campus.
Nominations may come from staff, faculty and students. All nominations will be reviewed by a committee of members from across campus. These awards will be presented to staff at the annual Staff Awards event in the spring.
List of Awards and Descriptions
The following awards will each be presented to one individual who best exhibits the qualifications outlined in the award description.
- Excellence in Student Success Staff Award
- Excellence in Research and Creative Works Staff Award
- Excellence in Engagement and Outreach Staff Award
- Excellence in Multiculturalism, Globalism, Diversity and Inclusion Staff Award
- Excellence in Planning, Operations and Stewardship Staff Award
- Chancellor’s Staff Award for Extraordinary Contributions
- Rising Star Staff Award
- Staff Council Dedication Award
Living the Value Staff Award:
The Living the Value Staff Award will be awarded to staff members from across campus. The campus has been divided by college, school or division or into a group and each group will have their own nomination and selection process. More information about this process will be sent out to individuals by their unit.
- Living the Value Staff Award (multiple awards across campus)
Deadline for submission of nomination materials for campus awards is December 18, 2020. The nomination form and details for all the awards are available at www.umkc.edu/hr/staffawards.
If you have any questions regarding Staff Awards, please email firstname.lastname@example.org