The Affirmative Action Office is responsible for coordinating UMKC’s Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity program, monitoring the university’s compliance with federal and state laws, regulations and the investigation of discrimination and harassment complaints by students, faculty and staff against university employees.
Annual Equal Opportunity Reports
- 2017-2018 Equal Opportunity Report
- 2016-2017 Equal Opportunity Report
- 2015-2016 Equal Opportunity Report
Affirmative Action Plans
- 2016 – UMKC Narrative for Minorities and Females
- 2017 – UMKC Narrative for Individuals with Disabilities
- 2017 – UMKC Narrative for Veterans
The university is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees. To that end, UMKC will provide reasonable accommodations for the known disability of a qualified applicant or employee with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship. A reasonable accommodation is a modification or adjustment to a job, employment practice or the work environment that makes it possible for a qualified individual with a disability to enjoy an equal employment opportunity.