The 2018 W-2s have been produced in myHR for those who provided consent prior to 1/1/2019. If an employee did not provide consent, paper forms will be mailed to the mailing address on file by 1/31/2019. Access to the electronic W-2 will be available to ALL employees later in February.
Below are a few important reminders related to this year’s form:
- An official communication from UM System will be sent the week of 1/22/2019
- For assistance with accessing your current and previous W-2 forms, view the W-2 Quick Reference Guide
- All employees will need their social security number to access these forms in myHR
- For KANSAS Residents only – KS residents will notice two separate forms when accessing myHR. It’s important to PRINT BOTH. The second form includes MO and KC withholding information they’ll need to file taxes in both Missouri and Kansas
- The IRS extended the timeline for employers to produce Form 1095-C, Employer-Provided Health Insurance Offer and Coverage, from 1/31/2019 to 3/2/2019. If you have already provided consent to receive this form electronically, the form will be available in myHR mid to late February. If they have not provided consent, they have until 1/31/2019 to do so. For those who do not provide consent, paper forms will be mailed in at the beginning of March. Please view the MyHR Benefits User Training Guide to learn how to access this information.
Public Law 115-97 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 Update:
As many of you are aware, Public Law 115-97 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 was passed on December 22, 2017, which impacted the tax tables for 2018.
While Human Resources is dedicated to serving each and every employee at UMKC, we are unable to provide tax advice and recommend contacting a certified and competent tax professional with any tax questions as well as any questions you may have for tax year 2018 since many new changes have occurred.
For any questions regarding the access to your W-2 forms, please contact the HR Service Center at 816-235-1621.