SPRING 2020 RESIDENCE HALL OPENING DATES
For residents living in the Residence Halls (Johnson Hall & Oak Street Hall), the official move-in date is January 17th, 2020 as early as 8 a.m.
For residents living in the Apartments (Hospital Hill Apartments, Union Hill at Main, Union Hill Founders & UMKC Homes Rockhill Apartments) or JP2 Commons, the official move-in date is January 16th, 2020 as early as 8 a.m.
REQUESTING APPROVAL FOR EARLY ARRIVAL*
Residents who wish to move into their room prior to the dates listed above must submit the online Early Arrival Request form no later than Wednesday, January 8th, 2020 at 12 p.m. An early move-in administrative fee, or daily rate fee based on your assigned room type for each day prior to the spring opening dates, will be charged to your UMKC student account. The daily rates range from $25.61-$42.32.
Approved requests will only be granted arrival 1 day prior to the required event or activity. Requests for arrival several days or weeks prior to a required University function will not be approved.
All requests are subject to approval based individual circumstances and availability of the assigned room. Supporting documentation is required to consider any request. Each request will be reviewed and students will be contacted directly regarding their request status.
*Students submitting an early arrival request are not guaranteed approval. Additionally, in some cases, students may be assigned to a temporary space prior to moving into their spring assignment. Please take this into consideration when applying for early arrival.
Students who arrive early without making prior arrangements will not be permitted to check into their room assignment.
Examples of reasons that are not approved:
- “My parents are out of town on the move-in date and are unable to help me move-in.”
- “My current lease is ending and I have to move out of my current apartment.”
- “We live more than “x” hours away and we can’t drive to and return from UMKC in one day”
- “I have made vacation plans for that date.”
- “I can only get a vehicle for a particular day.”
- “It would be much more convenient to move in earlier.”
- “One of my friends did it last year.”
- “My parents have to work that day.”
- “We just want to move my things into the room. I will not be staying.”
SPRING 2020 EARLY ARRIVAL REQUESTS
Requests will begin to be reviewed and processed on Friday, January 3rd, 2020 and will be processed within seven (7) business days.
Submit your Early Arrival Request under “Forms” – you must submit your form no later than Wednesday, January 8th, 2020 at 12 p.m.