As described in communication throughout the summer, state law requires that all students living on campus are vaccinated against meningitis (unless a student completes a religious or medical waiver with accompanying affidavit). In order to remain in compliance with state law, students must submit either the appropriate shot records or a completed waiver by Noon on Friday, September 11th. If a student fails to submit the appropriate records by this time, UMKC will require the student to move out of the residential facility until the vaccination requirements are satisfied.
Please understand that even if a student is required to vacate, they are still responsible for the terms of the Residential Life 2015-2016 Academic Year Contract as well as all appropriate fees and payments. The meningitis vaccine is readily available throughout the metro and can be obtained near UMKC at the following locations:
UMKC Student Health & Wellness
Located at 4825 Troost, Suite 115. Student Health and Wellness does not accept health insurance but is able to provide the vaccine for a cost of approximately $110 (which can be billed to your student account).
- August 21 – 10AM – 2PM at the first aid station at Johnson Hall
- August 25 – 4:30 – 6:30 PM shot clinic at Hospital Hill Apartments
- August 26 – 4:30 – 6:30 PM shot clinic at Oak Street Hall
- By appointment – call 816-235-6133
Kansas City Health Department
Located at 2400 Troost, Suite 1100 (across the street from Hospital Hill Apartments). The Adult Immunization Clinic will provide the meningitis vaccine free of charge. The Kansas City Health Department is easily accessed via the UMKC shuttle or the Kansas City Metro bus system (both free of charge with your student ID).
- By appointment only. Call 816-513-6128 for availability and appointment scheduling.
- Clinic hours are:
- Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays: 8-11:45 AM and 1-4 PM
- Thursdays: 8AM – 1PM (registration closes at 12:30 on Thursdays)
The meningitis vaccine is also readily available at many health care providers including Walgreens and CVS.