Resident COVID-19 Plan
In order to minimize the possibility of a student contracting COVID-19 the University of Missouri-Kansas City and Residential Life are implementing procedures and policies for residents and staff. In preparation for the rare occurrence that a student may need to follow the CDC’s quarantine or isolation protocols students are being asked to complete this contingency plan. Students are encouraged to discuss this plan with family or friends while they are developing it. Students who can travel to a friend or family member’s home safely are strongly encouraged to do so for their comfort, convenience and individualized support while in quarantine or isolation.
There are a limited number of spaces that have been set aside within Residential Life for potential relocation due to quarantine or isolation needs. These spaces are intended for those who don’t have alternative accommodation options. For those residents utilizing these spaces, family, friends or other guests will not be permitted to enter the residence hall to assist the student in quarantine or isolation. Students will be able to order food from Sodexo (campus food service) via their app and that food will be delivered to the residence hall at pre-determined times.
Prior to arrival for Fall 2020, all residents need to consider their options and solidify their quarantine and isolation plans. Items to consider and questions that will need to be addressed in the required contingency plan form can be found below:
- What is the location that you could quarantine or isolate?
- Resident’s contact telephone number
- Contact person at this location
- Contact’s telephone number at this location
- How would you travel to this location
- What safety precautions would you implement for your travels? For yourself? For those you cross paths with during your travels?
When you are ready, the online form can be accessed by logging into RooRez with your UMKC SSO and password, then navigating to “Submit Move-In Documentation” and selecting “COVID Contingency Plan” from the dropdown menu.
Additional items not required in your contingency plan, but that we highly recommended you think about in advance:
- What arrangements need to be made in order to continue health care? Should you have your primary care physician provide records to a provider in your quarantine/isolation location?
- What arrangements need to be made in order to continue academic work? This may include contacting instructors, insuring your quarantine/isolation location has reliable internet access, and taking academic materials to quarantine/isolation location.
Students will not be required to take all of their personal belongings from their room. Students will need to advise a Residence Life Coordinator of their departure and return.
We look forward to having you as part of our community this year and know that we can help keep our community healthy by following healthy and safety campus processes.