Position Description: Collections Intern
This summer, the American Truck Historical Society is looking for at least two to four interns to assist in the digitization and cataloging of the White Motor Photo Collection. As necessary, the Collections Intern will support ATHS with other collection management projects.
- Enter accession and donor information for objects in the collection not already entered into the museum’s collections management software PastPerfect
- Update old records already in PastPerfect
- Correlate all items with correct paper and database files. If these files do not already exist, create said file
- Ensure all objects are properly marked with old and new accession numbers
- Digitally photograph or scan each object and add images to PastPerfect
Duration/Hours: 12 weeks; approximately 25 hours per week
Start Date: June 2nd, 2014 (flexible)
Intended graduation with a focus in Museum Studies, History, or related field; strong attention to detail; excellent written and oral communication skills; and ability to work well alone and in a group.
Application Deadline: April 15th, 2014. Final selection will be made by April 30th
Interested students should reach out to Courtney Dery (firstname.lastname@example.org), ATHS Library Director, for more information. Graduate students are preferred, but qualified undergraduates will be considered. Students interested in applying should follow the instructions on the How to Apply page. Applications will be received until the positions are filled.