The Arts Council of Johnson County is looking for a part time Administrative Assistant. The Administrative Assistant will support the Executive Director in the business and administrative needs of the Arts Council of Johnson County and its constituents. S/he will be a highly engaged, collaborative team member to fulfill the vision and mission of the Arts Council of Johnson County. The ideal candidate for this position loves the Arts and is customer-focused, detail-oriented, and highly organized with expertise in systems management, event coordination, and project management.
- Maintain databases
- Plan and prioritize work activities and use time efficiently
- Coordinate office upkeep and maintenance, including but not limited to purchasing office supplies, managing inventory, and occasional computer troubleshooting
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Detail-oriented with strong accuracy level and thoroughness
- Highly organized, loves systems and checklists, and is impeccable with tracking
- Ability to multi-task and learn quickly
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with simultaneous deadlines
- Accountability in areas of responsibility
- Ability to self-motivate, take initiative, and work autonomously with minimum supervision
- Can-do attitude, solution-oriented, and positive
- Excellent working knowledge and experience with current computer equipment and programs
Required / Preferred Experience:
- Minimum of three to five years office administration experience required, preferably in Executive level administrative support
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of project management
- Graphic design skills preferred, but not required
- Status: Regular part time, non-exempt. Position has room for growth, could potentially become full-time after approximately 1 year.
- Schedule: 30 hours per week. Mon-Fri, daily hours flexible between 8am-5pm, some evenings and weekends.
- Compensation: $16 per hour
- Location: Johnson County Arts & Heritage Center, 8788 Metcalf, Ste 2500, Overland Park, KS 66212
- Other: Free admission to arts events
How to Apply:
Send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references describing your qualifications and interest in the position to email@example.com. The email subject line should read PT Administrative Assistant Search.
Deadline for Application: Applicants will be reviewed beginning Jan. 28th. Application will remain open until position is filled.
The Arts Council of Johnson County is a non-profit organization and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, gender, orientation, or national origin.
Salary Range: Up to $29,999
For more information, click here.