Week of Welcome Info for Faculty/Staff
Save the Date:
Spring Week of Welcome 2021 begins Tuesday, January 19 and continues into the first 3 weeks of the spring semester.
Week of Welcome Goals Include:
- Help students of all backgrounds feel valued and included within our UMKC community.
- Help students identify support services dedicated to student success.
- Introduce students to UMKC academic and community expectations and values, informing students of their rights and responsibilities as members of the UMKC community.
- Support students as they begin the process of forming relationships with their peers, faculty, and staff.
- Encourage students to directly participate in university traditions, connecting them to what it means to be a UMKC Roo on an individual and collective level.
How You Can Help:
Plan a Week of Welcome event/program anytime from Tuesday, January 19 through Saturday, February 6. Submit your event to RooGroups, UMKC’s virtual hub of student activities, events, and engagement.
Wear UMKC gear few during the first weeks of school.
Questions? Want to help? Email Kim Kushner, Assistant Director of New Student and Family Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org.