Submit your proposal now! Proposals for conference sessions are due by May 1, 2019.
Guidelines for Submitting a Proposal
Educate-Organize-Advocate (EOA) is a social justice and civic engagement conference hosted at the University of Missouri-Kansas City that seeks to provide the necessary skills and resources for faculty, staff, and students to engage in meaningful advocacy, dialogue, and critique.
Consider what topics and skillsets you can present that would fit with the conference theme and objectives.
- Proposals do not need to incorporate all objectives, but must fit at least one. If your proposal will primarily raise awareness, challenge yourself to incorporate elements related to the more active EOA objectives (develop skills and plan for action) as well.
- Consider your audience when planning your proposal. All sessions must be interactive in nature. If you need help planning an interactive session, check out this list of creative session ideas or reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org before submitting your proposal; we’re happy to help!
- Sessions should engage with diverse experiences with regard to various lenses of identity. A single session needs not resonate with all identities; however, we will ensure that all identities are represented equitably among the sessions.
- Be mindful of intersectionality—the significance of the intersection of multiple identities.
- Use inclusive gender pronouns when referring to your audience.
Submit your proposal for a conference session by completing the online form.
See descriptions of the selected sessions in the 2018 conference program.
May 1, 2019
All sessions are 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Conference Date & Location
October 30, 2019 9am-5pm
University of Missouri-Kansas City, Student Union
Diverse students, faculty, and staff from University of Missouri-Kansas City as well as members of the broader Kansas City-area community.
The EOA programming committee reviews all proposals and selects sessions that align with conference objectives. Submissions will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the May 1 deadline. Priority will be given to early submissions.
For questions about submissions email email@example.com