If you are seeking housing accommodations because of a disability please complete the following steps:
- You should request housing accommodations soon after submitting your housing contract.
- Review the Guidelines for Documenting Your Disability.
- Log in to the Housing Accommodation Application using your UMKC username and password.
- Complete and submit the application and upload and submit your documentation.
- You will be contacted within 3 business days to set up a meeting to finalize the process.
Emotional Support Animals in Campus Housing
If you are seeking to keep an emotional support animal in your campus housing, you must complete the following steps in addition to those noted above.
- Review the Emotional Support Animal in Residential Life Policy.
- Complete and upload an Emotional Support Animal Application with your documentation.
- The documentation must come from a qualified evaluator who has observed you with the emotional support animal.
If you have a trained service animal please refer to the UMKC Service Animal and Pet Policy.
Contact Scott Laurent, (816) 235-5696, firstname.lastname@example.org