If alternate text format is part of your Accommodation Plan, please follow these steps.
- Enroll for your classes as early as possible. Ideally at least 6 weeks before the start of the semester.
- Notify our Alternate Text Coordinator that you have enrolled for the semester
- You must provide proof of purchase for each textbook you request in alternate format
- Alternate formats are available in PDF, Word, RTF and EPUB formats
- You may need to provide Student Disability Services a copy of the textbook for scanning and formatting.
- It can take up to three (3) weeks for textbooks to be converted
- Free text to speech software is available through the Natural Reader website.
Contact Scott Laurent at (816) 235-5612 or firstname.lastname@example.org.