Bloch Students Select Faculty Impact Award Winners

Each year, the Bloch School recognizes two faculty members who make lasting impressions on our students’ lives. Each spring, students vote for the faculty members who have had the most positive impact on them throughout their career at the Bloch School.

This year we are honored to award Nathan Mauck, Ph.D. and Doranne Hudson, MBA as Bloch School Graduate and Undergraduate Faculty Impact Award Winners (respectively).

Nathan Mauck is an Associate Professor of Finance at the Bloch School. Mauck teaches financial management, advanced corporate finance, financial modeling, valuation, and international finance at the undergraduate and graduate levels. This is the second time Mauck has been honored with this award, the first being in 2014.

“He (Mauck) takes an active interest in his student’s success by keeping in touch with career opportunities, staying after class to discuss related topics, and providing a flexible learning environment,” a student said. “Together, these have helped drive my interest in his class subjects and have made it easier to digest otherwise difficult content.”

Doranne Hudson is an Executive-in-Residence and Associate Teaching Professor at the Bloch School. Hudson teaches undergraduate, MBA and Executive MBA courses in Leadership. This is the fourth time Hudson has received this honor, also receiving recognition in 2015, 2011 and 2010.

“She (Hudson) challenged me to grow and gain confidence as I start my journey into the professional workforce.  If it wasn’t for her, I wouldn’t be where I am now,” another student said.

Students of Mauck and Hudson were happy to see them celebrated for their efforts. There is no doubt their hard work and dedication to our student’s success has earned them this high praise.