5 Questions with Stephanie Bedard (MBA ’16)

In our 5 Questions series, we will hear from those at the heart of the Bloch School – our faculty, staff, students and friends.

Photo Credit: Janet Rogers

Photo Credit: Janet Rogers

You’re originally from South Carolina. How did you end up choosing the Bloch School for your MBA?
Having an opportunity to be a part of the first class of the Full-Time MBA stuck out to me. I love learning, and I’m a student at heart, so a full-time program was the only option in my mind. I like to think out loud and discuss how things can change in the future, so the Bloch program appealed to me over more buttoned-up programs.

Being new to the area, what was your first impression of Kansas City?
I arrived in Kansas City on July 31, so my initial thought was that it was hot as blazes! Kansas City has grown on me over the past year. I love the Midwestern hospitality, and that when people are nice to you, they really mean it. And obviously, I arrived at the perfect time to experience the World Series and the excitement surrounding it.

What is one memory you’ll take away from the Full-Time MBA program?
The way our class has bonded has been spectacular. When I was considering programs, I loved the idea of learning alongside people who were also courageous enough to be a part of the inaugural class. With only 21 members in our cohort, we’ve gotten to know one another quite well. Aside from our time together in class, we’ve had tons of informal gatherings where we “talk work” and discuss the program and how we hope to see it develop in the future.

How will you stay connected to Bloch?
As a part of the first class of the Full-Time MBA, I’m excited about the opportunity to connect with the incoming classes. Our class is the only one who can put the experience into a framework for the new students, so it’ll be interesting to see how our feedback will shape the structure going forward.

What’s next for you?
I’ve taken a position as a sourcing associate with A.T. Kearney, a global management consulting firm headquartered out of Chicago. But first, I’ve planned a five-week trip to England, France and Spain to prepare for my transition back into the real world.

This article is included in the 2016 Bloch Magazine. To read the full edition, click here.