Additionally, our graduates have also been accepted to the following graduate schools: Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Washington University, Tulane, Boston Architectural College, the University of Colorado-Denver and the University of California-Berkeley. The connections you make in college will serve you well as you transition into your professional career.
STAY IN TOUCH
Join our mailing list for alumni! Just click on your program-of-study below:
Social media makes it easy, but we always love to hear from you personally, too. Send your old professor an email, or just stop by for a visit. We want to know about your accomplishments and successes!
Connect with fellow alumni
- Network nationally, or internationally: our alumni network can give you key contacts in a new city or new job. Your shared experiences in studio and community engagement projects forged great relationships in school–let those relationships help you out in your career, too.
- Network locally: the Urban Planning + Design program sponsors events for alumni in Kansas City and at professional association meetings.
Connect with us
- Help the next generation: we periodically send out surveys about your post-graduation experiences; we use this information to assess our performance and improve the program. We also count on alumni participation in architecture, planning, and community project reviews and critiques. Graduates of UMKC AUP+D have been excellent mentors and internship supervisors.
- Boost your resume: every year we recognize distinguished alumni from the department with a brief talk and reception.
The programs of the Department of Architecture, Urban Planning + Design need and appreciate your support.
- Stay in touch and let us know when there are job and internship opportunities in your office. Employing one of our students can help both your firm and your alma mater!
- Having been through college and through the program, it’s no secret that a college education can be expensive. The department and its students greatly value your financial support. You may contribute to specific scholarship programs or to a general fund for the department. Visit our departmental donor page or the university donor page. Thanks in advance!