Students living in a homestay have a private bathroom in an American home; bathrooms may be private or shared. The cost for a home-stay is $800 per month, and includes breakfast and dinner, or $500 per month without meals.
Home stays can take 2 weeks to arrange, please contact the Homestay Coordinator and complete an application before you arrive in the U.S. If you wait until you arrive to request a home stay, you may have to stay in a hotel while we arrange a home stay. This can be very expensive. Home stays are subject to availability and the student’s English proficiency.
What to expect in a home stay:
- a clean and safe home,
- a private room, comfortably furnished, with enough lighting for you to study, a bed, a desk and closet space,
- a private or shared bathroom,
- a host that is polite, kind and friendly,
- to have breakfast and dinner at your host’s home (if meals are included in your contract)
- public transportation from near your host’s location to campus, or a home near campus.
- a cultural experience and great practice for your English!
Do you want a homestay?
Contact our Homestay Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org for information about how to apply for a homestay.
Are you interested in hosting International Students? Complete our Host Questionnaire and email it to our Homestay Coordinator.
To download the questionnaire, click here.
Contact the Homestay Coordinator at email@example.com or 816-235-1233 for assistance. Please leave a message if there is no answer.